Develop and implement community- based survey to better understand mental health literacy and barriers within the community as well as assess risk factors and protective factors
Organize workshops on mental health and wellness including how mental health impacts community members and how to access support services
Develop print media to distribute at events and within the community at large .
A community where everyone can live a full and happy life with dignity
The primary objective is to reduce stigma, increase awareness and encourage help-seeking behaviors in the community.
The initiative is supported by the Calgary Foundation
· Providing educational workshops on family and community health/wellness awareness
· Collaborative engagement with other service-providing organizations to seek their insight on family wellness and resources they offer and how to access
· Develop and implement a community-based survey to better understand family and community health literacy and barriers within the community as well as assess "risk factors
· Partner with local radio station to develop strategies as to how media can be used as an educational tool.
Partnering agencies and/or institutions:
· Mental Health Commission of Canada/HEADSTRONG
· Center for Newcomers
· Punjabi Community Health Services
· Center for Suicide Prevention
· University of Calgary Social Work Department
· Immigrant Services Calgary
· Canadian Mental Health Association
For immediate help on stress related issues please contact distress center Calgary